Topaz is a rarely occurring silicate mineral with a chemical composition of Al2SiO4(FOH)2. It is admired across the world for its startling beauty. It is one of the world’s favourite coloured gemstones. Natural Topaz stone is found in shades of yellow, orange, pink, red, purple and blue. Topaz is an ideal gem with great hardness and desirable colours, combined with abundance and convenient availability.
There are several types of Topaz gemstones available in the market.
They are as follows:
- Azotic Topaz – This is an Orange-pink Topaz with a rainbow-like colour effect.
- Imperial Topaz – This is a lustrous golden orange-yellow, orange-brown, or orange-pink variety of Topaz. It is the most valuable type.
- London Blue Topaz – This Topaz possesses a deep sky-blue colour.
- Mystic Coloured Topaz – This is a multi colored Topaz with a rainbow-like colour effect.
- Rutilated Topaz – This Topaz has yellow needle-like inclusions of the mineral Limonite.
- Sherry Topaz – This Topaz is found in a light orange-brown to brownish-pink colour.
- Silver Topaz – This is the colourless form of Topaz. It is also known as White Topaz.
- Swiss Blues Topaz – This Topaz has a sky-blue colour.
Topaz is generally found in huge flawless crystals, which can then be faceted into giant gemstones that weigh thousands of carats. This pleochroic gemstone fascinates admirers with its varying colour intensity when viewed from different angles.
This magical gemstone is popularly used in jewellery, rings, earrings, necklaces, pendants and bracelets. It is the birthstone of those born in November and confers a world of benefits of Topaz stone to its wearer.
This brilliant gemstone is found in many locations worldwide where rocks like pegmatite and rhyolite are formed. For decades, Brazil has been the world’s most important source of Topaz. Approximately all of the world’s superior-quality Imperial Topaz is produced in the state of Minas Gerais in southeastern Brazil. The Ouro Preto and Capao mines are the most abundant sources of yellow, orange, pink, red and violet coloured Topaz gemstones.
Another noteworthy source of authentic Topaz is Pakistan, which has abundant reserves of pink, red and violet coloured Topaz. Various other sources of Topaz include Australia, India, Madagascar, Mexico, Myanmar, Namibia, Nigeria, Russia and Zimbabwe. The United States also has a few sources of Topaz in Utah, where it was coined as the state gemstone in 1969.
Benefits of Topaz:
- Brings happiness into the life of the wearer
- Restores inner peace and calmness
- Eradicates negativity, evil forces
- Heals depression, stress
- Helps remove regrets and despair
- Improves the power of concentration
- Enhances creativity
- Augments academic skills
- Improves anger management
- Helps cure liver problems, jaundice, chronic memory loss, and insomnia
- Extremely beneficial in the ailments of liver, fever, appetite, cold and indigestion
- Helps the wearer recover from mental disorders, suicidal tendencies and nervous breakdowns
The Ritual to wear Topaz
Although Topaz can be worn by anyone, expert astrologers have defined a ritual for the wearers. Firstly, it should be marinated in a bowl with 1 spoon of curd, honey, gangajal, tulsi leaves, and ghee for 10 minutes. This will activate and cleanse the gemstone and remove all its negativity. Thereafter, one needs to pray to god and take the gold ring or pendant out of the mixture, and rinse it with pure gangajal. Finally, the wearer has to wear it on the index finger of the right hand on a Thursday morning during Shukla Paksh before sunrise while reciting the mantra ‘Om Gram Greem Groom Saha Gurvey Namah’ 108 times.
Read this before buying a Topaz
We advise you to buy a Topaz gemstone only after checking proper certifications. Make sure that you have all the information related to gems during the purchase.
For more information on gems, you can also contact us on our toll-free number 98108-00550. Gem Mines provides free shipping within the country. All our products are approved by the government and bear lab-tested certificates of authenticity. We accept both online and offline modes of payment.
To know more, visit our website- www.gemmines.in or call us on 098108-00550. Our customer care executive will be available for your assistance. We also provide a free horoscope and a free consultancy service for gemstones.